Monday, November 19, 2007

Job Offer (Updated)

Last week I received a job offer from a company that supplies lab equipment to quarries and construction materials labs like where I used to work. I turned it down because I really don't want a full time job right now. Plus it would mean a 20 plus minute commute one way. Well, the company emailed me and said that if I only wanted to work 20 hours a week they might have an opportunity for me. They also indicated that they would be flexible and I know those jobs are almost impossible to find.

I have such mixed feelings about working. On one hand I love staying home and spending time with Mia. But I also really miss working and having the independence of my own money. I wish this offer came a year from now, then I would definitely take it. Part of me feels that if I turn this down, when I am ready to work there won't be anything out there. Especially since my job experience is in such a narrow field (construction and mining geology).

The guy offered to even meet me in Hilliard (he lives here also) and to discuss the job with me and B.J. Gaaahhhhh! I don't know what to do! This situation will require alot of thought and discussion.

Update: I am going in for an interview on the 7th. I figured, what the hell, if it doesn't work out at least they can keep me in mind for the future. Basically it all comes down to money. I am not going to work to just pay daycare, that is dumb. So, I guess I need to find out how much daycare will cost. I am still conflicted, hopefully the interview will help me make up my mind.

3 Comments:

At Monday, November 19, 2007 6:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't you just give it a shot? I mean, most jobs have a "probationary period" that is not only for the employer but for the employee. Might be worth it to give it a two or three week go... *shrug*

Congrats on the offer though! You should be proud that your skills are in such high demand!

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:49:00 AM , Blogger mark said...

Good luck! I can totally empathize!

 
At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, have you made a decision? It's definitately a hard place to be in...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |