Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Last week was crazy busy, sorry for the lack of blogging. B.J. had the week off of work and we had plenty of home improvement projects going on. We got a late start since Monday we had to take Mia to the doctor, she had a weird bacterial infection on her head. There were small crusty bumps that oozed, they were gross, so her doctor wanted us to bring her in. She is all better now, we had some ointment and washed her head with an anti-bacterial soap. She did develop a cough and runny nose a few days later. No fever so I don't think it was anything serious, she was very crabby though, so I didn't get anything done the first few days.

Tuesday B.J. and I went to dinner for our anniversary (3 years!). Luckily our babysitter was available during the week. We went to McCormick & Schmick's and had some delicious seafood. Also some killer desserts!

We got a new front door, one with a window, and that needed to be painted. Twice. Two different colors. The first one was too bright a green, you could see it from down the block! It was like a beacon calling us home, and also a bit embarrassing. Now it is a nice forest green color. We also installed a new eco-friendly inside light above the door. That was a huge pain to put in, but it will save us money on our electricity bills.

B.J. waterproofed our privacy fence, luckily we were able to borrow a sprayer from a guy he works with. If we had to hand brush it, it would have taken a month! My big project was painting the kitchen. It is now no longer bright yellow, but now a nice shade of light cream. We just need to replace all the light fixtures and get a new refrigerator. That will have to wait since yesterday we ordered a new dining room table and chairs. All in good time, no need to fill up the credit card before Christmas.

On Saturday Anne came down from Ann Arbor to hang out for the weekend. We went to see Dashboard Confessional in concert at the Newport. Fantastic show! Sunday my parents came over and we all went to lunch at Scrambler's, which was delicious.

That's about it, this week is much more relaxed. I still need to finish painting one wall of the hallway between the living room and the kitchen, but I ran out of paint. I think that will wait until the weekend. I think this is the longest post I have ever done, so I will stop boring all of you. Have a great week!

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 06, 2007 7:47:00 PM , Blogger mark said...

I like the table. What color did you get?

Sounds like you guys are busy! This weekend I hope to get the entry stairs done, then next weekend: the bannister. After that, it's trim and stuff.. Hopefully I can convince someone to help me hang doors soon (and borrow their equipment to do it). Gotta finish soon - I have a feeling once baby comes I'll be taking a bit of a break..

 
At Wednesday, November 07, 2007 8:53:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got the table and chairs in mahogany. The chairs are on backorder, but the price was so good that I figured it was worth it.

Yes, once your baby is here you will get nothing done. Although at first they sleep alot, you will probably be too tired to do anything!

 
At Thursday, November 08, 2007 6:06:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dashboard?! Nice! I'd love to see him live!

Sounds like you are getting stuff done! Heck - I don't have a kid and I'm not getting anything done! ;)

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:00:00 PM , Blogger B.J. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:01:00 PM , Blogger B.J. said...

Who is she kidding? The credit card has been full ever since Mia was born.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |