Thursday, May 18, 2006

Vacation Day 3

I woke up Monday May 15th one year older, I can't believe I am 29 years old. Anyway, our last day of vacation we got up early to catch the 9:00 ferry back to Catawba Island where our car was parked. Luckily we got a lift from the B&B owner since it was raining. The ferry ride was pretty uneventful, just us, a girl who fell asleep, and a few Russians who were very loud. We get back to the mainland, find our car and head to Dearborn, MI to meet Pablo and Katty for lunch at La Shish. We meet them around noon for a delicious lunch of Middle Eastern food. Katty and Pablo discover that its my birthday and ask the waiter to bring me a cake. So we are just sitting and talking when over the loudspeaker a middle eastern version of Happy Birthday starts playing and all the waiters come over with a cake to sing to me. It was funny yet kind of embarrassing since the music was so loud. Pablo has some great pictures of this, I am sure he will post them.

After lunch we follow Pablo to the Henry Ford estate on the Univ of Michigan-Dearborn campus. GO BUCKEYES!!!! Ok, sorry, I had to get that out. The estate was awesome! The house and grounds were beautiful. Thank you Pablo!




Next on our journey we headed south to my parents house in the lovely town of Piqua, Ohio...Where Vision Becomes Reality. At least that what the bilboard says as you come into town. We stop at my parents to say hello, pick up my birthday gift, and drop off a mother's day gift. We hang out and chat with my family then head home, very excited to see Flanagan. I really missed my puppy.


It was a fun little vacation, I got to relax, look at awesome geological features, and hang out with my husband. That all I really want out of a vacation.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:33:00 PM , Blogger B.J. said...

You'll notice in the second picture that Pablo and Katty are looking at me. Jen told them to look at the person they admired the most...I think she was disappointed that they didn't look at her. She failed to mention that 75 construction in MI sucked arse and that she was only able to drive 100 miles of the way back before I caught her smacking herself in the face to stay awake.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |