Thursday, May 11, 2006

BMV

Today I went to the BMV to renew my drivers license since it expires on Monday. Round trip it took me a total of 30 minutes. I was amazed, it must be some kind of world record! Last time I went to the BMV to get a new license after I got married it took over an hour and was a scary experience. Here is a summary of that experience: Watching a mother screaming at her 4 year old to "Get your fucking ass back here"; 5 Mexicans in line in front of me trying to get a drivers license without social security cards; some dude talking about Jesus to some other dude in a loud voice; and a very creepy guy standing outside looking through the window. Just a typical day in East Dayton.

Thankfully this week is almost over, then B.J. and I are off to Put-In-Bay for the weekend. Hopefully it won't rain the whole time, but even if it does, it will still be nice to get away for a few days.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

BMV??

Apparently it has a different name in Ohio? In IL its DMV (department of motor vehicles).. interesting

As for the weekend - perhaps it'll give BJ a chance to put it in! er...

I mean... his relaxation time, of course!

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:49:00 PM , Blogger JK said...

In Ohio is Bureau of Motor Vehicles

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:52:00 PM , Blogger mark said...

Bureau of Motor Vehicles? I figured it was Bowel Movement Violators.

 
At Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:26:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking Bastards of Motor Vehicles....

Getting my Texas License was pretty painful, about an hour of waiting around in a very crowded room with 50 or so, um, Texans. I think I was the only person in there reading something--everyone else was just staring around. Interestingly, getting my name changed at the Social Security office here was amazingly efficient and painless--15 minutes and it was done. Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |