Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ready for Spring!

March 20th is the first day of Spring!! I cannot even say how much I am ready for the weather to warm up, I am so sick of the cold. Today it has been warm (high 40's) but rainy. Blech, I want a warm sunny day so Mia and I can go to the zoo, or for a nice long walk.

Heath update: My hives are gone! I had a follow up doctor appointment yesterday and my doctor thinks they were caused by a virus. In addition to the hives, I had a swollen lymph node in my neck (not huge, but noticeable) so that is gone now also. February and March were not a good health months for me, not only did I have hives, a swollen lymph node, but I had a blood test and found out I have high Cholesterol. Really, really high Cholesterol. So, since I am only 30 (almost 31, yikes!), not overweight, and eat a mostly healthy diet, the doctor said it is probably just based on my genetics. My mom also has high cholesterol, along with my aunts and cousins. This put me into a mild depression for a few days, but I am over it now. We are definitely going to join the YMCA so I can work out. We keep putting this off since we have been busy the past few weekends. Need to kick ourselves in the ass and get over there and join. I also have been cutting out ice cream, Starbucks, misc snacks, and now eating alot of oatmeal and whole grains. I probably should cut back on the peanut butter, but it's what I usually eat for lunch. Too quick and easy, especially when I am trying to feed Mia her lunch also. Mmmm, peanut butter on whole wheat Ritz crackers, yum!

This past Saturday B.J. and I worked the Science Olympiad at Piqua High School, my alma mater. It went well, although it is boring to watch kids take a test. I had ten, 5 minute stations, where they had to identify rocks and/or minerals and answer other questions. Overall the day went fast, but at the time it seemed to take forever! I also realized that I could never be a teacher, I just don't have the patience and the thought of dealing with Junior High or High School kids makes me ill. Sorry Dana, no extra t-shirts!

That's about all that's going on with me, nothing too exciting coming up in my schedule. Everybody have a good week and think warm spring thoughts!

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 24, 2008 11:28:00 AM , Blogger Dana said...

Bummer. Maybe I'll make my own Piqua High Science Olympiad Champion t-shirt.

 
At Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring means turning a new leaf, right? Lets hope that means health for everybody! (I'm currently dealing with a bout of pneumonia)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |