Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Books and Bathrooms

I realized I haven't posted in forever, so here is what's new in my life.

We got a half bathroom installed on the first floor this week, now no going upstairs to pee! It's almost finished, I just need to touch up a few nicks in the wall and give it one more coat of paint. We had this giant closet/pantry off the kitchen that was a perfect size for a half bath.

I also read an excellent book, "Vaccinated: One Man's Quest to Defeat the World's Deadliest Diseases" by Paul A. Offit. The book is about Maurice Hilleman who invented many of the vaccines that we get today and thus has wiped out many diseases. I thought the whole book was interesting, especially since Mia has been getting her vaccinations. It really is amazing how in just a few years many of the diseases that would sicken and kill thousands of children were eradicated from the United States, and then most of the world.

That's about it for the past few weeks, Mia has been keeping me very busy as she is into everything! Next up for me, I will be working the Piqua Regional Science Olympiad, the Rocks and Minerals event on the 15th. I had not planned on helping out this year since we moved, but the guy who was going to run the event has to have eye surgery. So, I need to revamp the test questions and make sure I have enough rock and mineral samples. Ugh, not really looking forward to it since it is an all day event. Luckily my parents live 5 minutes from Piqua High School so we can stay at their place and they will babysit. I am forcing B.J. to be my assistant, as you can imagine he is thrilled!

We got more snow today, I am sick of it. I am so ready for Spring!!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:14:00 AM , Blogger Dana said...

1. You are officially old if you are running the Science Olympiad. (But I still think it's kinda cool).
2. It's so nice to hear a parent actually feeling good about a kid getting her vaccinations. To be honest, I couldn't wait for Caroline to get her first round at the 2 month visit just because I've seen some of those crazy diseases and was terrified she didn't have any protection from them.
3. If there's any way you can get me a Piqua High Science Olympiad t-shirt, that would be awesome. Size medium, please. :)

 
At Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:18:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana, I will see about a t-shirt. No promises since last time I worked they ran out of shirts.

I know I am old, but I think I am ok with it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |