Saturday, August 02, 2008

John Adams

I have FINALLY finished the book "John Adams" by David McCullough, it only took me most of the summer. This is a very long, but very interesting book. It made me appreciate our country and the founding fathers even more. Frankly, it's almost a miracle that the United States exists as it does today. The book not only details John Adams' role in founding the USA, but is an in depth look at the relationship of Abigail and John Adams. They were quite the remarkable couple! I am really looking forward to watching the HBO miniseries since it is now out on DVD. I am on the waiting list at the library (number 326!), but my mom bought it so now it's whoever gives the dvd's to me first. The show got a ton of Emmy nominations so it is probably excellent, I hope!

I highly recommend this book if you like reading historical non-fiction. But beware, it is a LONG book!

Now I am reading "The Slaves' War: The Civil War in the Words of Former Slaves" by Andrew Ward. I saw The Daily Show episode with the author and thought it sounded interesting. Right now I am only on chapter 3, and it's pretty good.

Next I need to read something less heavy, maybe some fiction. My mom loaned me "A Long Way Gone" by Ishmael Beah, and I know that is not a light fun book, but I need to get that back to her in the next month. (It technically belongs to the Russia Local Schools library). So, maybe fluff fiction after that. Any recommendations?

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 04, 2008 5:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Long Way Gone is a great book, and a fairly quick read--I think I finished it in less than a week.

I've got such a huge pile of books I want to read...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |