Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's a gas...

Holy shit, gas is $3.95 a gallon here in Hilliard, Ohio. Luckily I was able to fill up for $3.68 yesterday morning. I actually said "what the F" out loud when I saw the Speedway near my house yesterday. I am just very happy that I drive a Civic!

Speaking of cars, B.J. and I have been doing a little research in anticipation of us buying a new vehicle next year. The truck will be paid off soon, then we can save up for a big down payment on a bigger car. The issue we are having is that we really don't have a car than can transport us, Mia, and Flanagan. Currently in the Civic, Flanagan has to go in the front while one of us (usually me) sits in the back with Mia. This is annoying because Flanagan is crazy when he is in the car. An example of this is one morning B.J. took him for a ride in the truck (it's an extended cab Ford Ranger) and Flanagan broke the sliding back window while he was barking/lunging at a goose in a parking lot. Flanagan wants to kill all birds, he's part hound. So, we have been reading up on SUV's and station wagons. And by station wagon, I mean any Subaru. Who knows what the price of gas will be next year when we are ready to buy, but that will definitely make a difference in what car we will purchase. I am partial to the Mercury Mariner Hybrid, but we will see.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:00:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gas is only 3.72 at our Speedway--can't believe I said only but having lived in England in the 70's when it was $5.00 plus and rationed makes me a little more tolerant

Nana H

 
At Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:28:00 PM , Blogger mark said...

Note: in our Outback, it's surprisingly tight with Caroline's rear-facing seat - the shotgun seat has to be moved up almost all the way to the front so she can fit in there. Now, when she's forward-facing I think it will be a different story, but we were surprised that there was so little room in our big car.

That being said, the trunk/wayback would be a great place for a big dog to go ballistic. Just get one of those fence thingies and you'd be set.

Otherwise, we got the Outback Basic (4-cylinder) and it's just fine. I would appreciate the V6 when passing or in the mountains, but otherwise she's just dandy. If I had the choice to make again, I'm pretty confident I'd make the same one.

Oh, and you can't beat the all-time 4WD in the snow. I swear every third person in Colorado owns a Subaru -- and for good reason.

 
At Monday, May 19, 2008 6:51:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subarus are "giver" cars...everyone in AA drive them.

PS. the new Death Cab cd is ah-mazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |