Monday, April 24, 2006

Reading is Fun!

I finally read "The Da Vinci Code", and I loved it. I hope the movie is just as good as the book.

Now I am reading "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton. I am a big fan of all his other books and hopefully this one is good. I am about three chapters in and so far its ok. Considering almost all of his other books were turned into movies (Jurassic Park, Congo, Sphere, etc) I wonder if this one will be too.

Just some facts about me, here are my two favorite authors and novels:
1. Kurt Vonnegut - "Cats Cradle"
2. Ray Bradbury - "The Martian Cronicles"

If anyone has any suggestions on a good book, let me know. I am always looking for a good read.

4 Comments:

At Monday, April 24, 2006 9:04:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't read the code yet. Not sure if I'll get to it before the movie. Chrichton ROCKS. Have you read "Travels"?

As far as Chrichton movies go... after seeing Congo in the MOVIE THEATER and being as disspointed as I could possibly be! (aside from the fact that Dave took the ENTIRE bowl of mints at the end, to help recoup money that we wasted on the moive - then proceeded to get into a mint-throwing fight with another vehicle - classic!)

Just finished reading Vonnegut's "Galapagos" - BIZZARE! It was the first of his books that I have read - "A man without a country" is next up!

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 11:31:00 PM , Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

JK, you should also read angels and demons by brown. I liked it better then davinci code.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:55:00 AM , Blogger mark said...

Dave also told me to tell you that "Dragons and Warlocks" is a great book too.

I'm currently re-reading Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson. Mmmm. Historical fiction.

Recently read through Stephen King's new Cell, which was pretty good. I hadn't read anything of his in a long, long time.

 
At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:49:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JK!
Karen and some of her friends just started a book reading blog. Check there for some ideas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |