Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Best tote bag ever

Well not the best EVER, but the best I have made. I am very happy with how my mom's birthday gift came out, my stitches are much straighter, and my sewing skills are improving.



The inside lining, I really like this fabric, and green is my mom's favorite color.



This time I sewed the stripe on the outside of the bag first, before sewing the sides. This made the finished ends look so much better.



Once again I used this tutorial to make the bag. I was able to make my mom's tote bag in about an hour and a half, not counting ironing and cutting the fabric. So, maybe a little over two hours to cut the fabric and sew, not bad.

Next I want to try to make a purse for myself using this shoulder bag tutorial. This looks more complicated, but I feel I am ready for something else. Hopefully I can make it up to JoAnn Fabric's sometime this week. I am feeling in a very crafty mood!

1 Comments:

At Friday, April 04, 2008 10:37:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice! when do you make BJ his tote bag?! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |