Thursday, May 01, 2008

She's Crafty

I may be crafty, but I am not a bum. Extra points for you if you know what song the blog title came from.

I FINALLY got around to take pictures of the shirts I made for Mia. The first one I made I forgot to take a picture of so I will have to post that later (Mia is in bed). Basically this started because I wanted Mia to have something special to wear for her birthday party. I looked on Etsy and found one I liked, but it was $20! Way too much money to spend on a kid's shirt, so I decided to make one myself. After the birthday shirt, I made these:

This was for Spring/Easter. I embroidered around the collar, but later decided this was not a good idea since that part of the shirt needs to stretch to get over the head.




This is one of my favorites. Mia has a pair of blue pants that looks great with this shirt. It really brings out the little blue dots in the fabric.


I made these a few weeks ago, front and back are shown.








Close up of the applique:


All the shirts are from Old Navy because I like the thickness of the cotton. Plus they were on sale. The designs were stolen from other websites, I am not creative enough to draw my own figures, and I can't draw. I cut out the figures from fabric, fuse them to the shirt with that iron on stuff, then hand stitch around to give them that "hand made" look. I actually really like doing this, and find the stitching to be very relaxing. So if you want me to make one for your kid, send me an email and I will for a small fee. B.J. thinks I should sell these, but I am not sure how I would go about doing that. Any ideas?

4 Comments:

At Friday, May 02, 2008 11:43:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beastie Boyzzzz!!

Ok - now to read your entry! ;)

 
At Friday, May 02, 2008 11:47:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirts look great!!!

Starting up an e-bay store would probably be the easiest way. If it ended up being successful, you should start your own website!

 
At Friday, May 02, 2008 1:43:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sell on etsy.com. Its all handmade stuff--it's pretty cool (and addictive) I believe (although I have never sold on it) that the fees are much lower & it is a generally friendlier place. But it's just like a store, no auctions like ebay.

 
At Friday, May 02, 2008 1:45:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, just reread your post. I see you know about etsy already. Sorry, I missed that the first time. My only excuse is that I am medicated (does that count??) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |