Sunday, September 10, 2006

I am ready for some football

This has been a football filled weekend! Saturday evening B.J. and I went to Columbus to our friend's place to watch the OSU vs Texas game. Our friend Nick (best man at our wedding)has a new HD TV which is the best way to watch anything. As much as B.J. and I would love to buy a new HD TV, I think that is a few years away. The game was awesome as the Buckeyes overpowered Texas. I drove B.J.'s drunk ass home and about 5 minutes away from the house I am pulled over by the Ohio State Highway Patrol for speeding. Luckily I just get a warning. This is the first time I have been pulled over since college, since I speed all the time I guess I have been lucky.

Sunday is a lazy day where B.J., Flanagan, and I sleep until 10:30. We continue to be lazy by laying around reading the paper, and watching football. B.J. does make some excellent waffles for breakfast and we watch the Browns/Saints and Bengals/Chiefs games. The Browns lose, but they show some signs of life, better than last year. The Bengals look great. B.J. is looking forward the Giants/Colts game tonight.

For dinner we head over to the Italian Food Fest put on by the Sons of Italy. B.J. has a meatball sandwich and I have some pasta. They were out of calzones so I think I will have to make some for dinner this week. The food was pretty good, not much of a selection since some of the booths were sold out. For dessert we get a cannoli, some cookie, and a funnel cake that had some Italian name. The funnel cake was the best. Mmmmmm, funnel cake. (New Simpsons tonight)

I didn't accomplish much this weekend, but after all the cleaning of last weekend I don't feel that bad about being so lazy. This week will hopefully go fast, I am not that busy at work and on Wednesday my boss and I are going to Ft. Wayne, IN to see a quarry. Should be interesting, at least it's better than being at work.

Have a good week everybody, hopefully it will fly by.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:42:00 PM , Blogger B.J. said...

Giants lost 26-21, not only losing, but not covering the spread. That costs me in the 2 picks pools that I am in. If the Giants would have won, that would have been $80 for me. Ugh. Horrible pass interference call on Tim Carter. This is football after all.

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 2:35:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can Eli run at all? Tiki looked fabulous but it takes more than one person to win a game.

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 10:01:00 AM , Blogger B.J. said...

My ass was not drunk by the way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |