Saturday, October 14, 2006

Finally it's the weekend

It was a long week so I am thrilled it's Saturday. Today I have been surprisingly productive even though I didn't get up until 10:45. I haven't been sleeping well so today I feel great after all that sleep. The Ohio State/Michigan State game doesn't start until 3:30 so to pass the time I have been cleaning, doing laundry, and I made some bread. I was going to make zucchini bread, but as I was getting ready to shred the zucchini I discovered it was bad. Since I already had the batter made I just threw in some frozen blueberries, sunflower seeds, and almonds and hoped it would turn out ok. I am eating a piece now and it is very good. Next time I need to make sure I have all the ingredients before I cook. I tend to discover mid cooking/baking that I am missing an ingredient. Usually B.J. will have to run out and buy whatever I need, but he went to Columbus to watch the game at Nick's. So improvising worked this time.

Not much else is going on, it feels like my stomach is getting bigger every day. People at work say I am just starting to show, but I feel huge. My stomach muscles are really starting to stretch and it's an uncomfortable feeling. It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't feel good either. I have a doctor's appointment Monday, hopefully everything will check out ok, I always get nervous before going to the doctor.

I have been reading alot of non-fiction recently and am finishing "Assassination Vacation" by Sarah Vowell. If her name is familiar she is also the voice of Violet in the movie The Indredibles. She tells the story of her vacation going to various historical sites involving the assassination of presidents Lincoln, McKinley, and Garfield. The book is interesing and funny with a good amount of pop culture references and humorous jabs at the current administration. A very interesting and informative read, I highly recommend it.

Ok, the Ohio State game started and I need to give it my full attention. Have a good weekend everyone and Go Buckeyes!!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, October 15, 2006 4:14:00 PM , Blogger B.J. said...

She is not huge at all.

 
At Monday, October 16, 2006 4:49:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea.. that cooking thing just happened to me the other day! I got all stoked to make stir fry, when I realized the frozen veggies that I usually get from Costco no longer come with the sauce! WTF!?

Cost cutting?! at costco?! What has the world come to!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |