Thursday, October 26, 2006

Work News

First I would like send out a big congrats to my sister Anne who recently got a job with Environment Michigan in Ann Arbor. Good Luck!!

Monday I was offered the assistant lab manager position at my job. That means instead of the 5 people I supervise now, I would be in charge of everybody in my department which is about 15 people. It is a glorified babysitting job, I would have been in charge of making sure people are on time, show up for work, are working and not messing around. Needless to say I turned it down since I do not feel that it is a part time position, and after the baby is born I will only be working around 20 hours per week. Also I just didn't want to do it. So everything is back to normal and my boss was completely ok with my not wanting the position.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:20:00 AM , Blogger mark said...

Well, congratulations on the offer, and double congratulations on giving them the finger!

 
At Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:19:00 AM , Blogger Anne said...

Actually...I work for The Fund for Public Interest. I was working on a campaign with Environment Michigan, but on Monday I start working on a campaign for the Human Rights Campaign to leagalize gay marriage!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |