Sunday, June 25, 2006

Landscaping

I finally got off my ass and did some yard work yesterday. I had this idea to buy stone to edge our landscaping out front, but before spending a ton of money on that I was going to try it out in our back yard. There is a minature lilac bush in a corner of our yard that has always looked out of place and the grass is spotty because Flanagan rips it up when the ground is wet. Plus there is a gap in our fence and rabbits come in our yard which also drives Flanagan crazy. So I decide to make a flower bed out of this area.

Here is the before shot.


I check out Phillips Sand and Gravel, who is one of my clients at work, to see their landscaping stone selection. They have a ton of stuff to choose from. I decide to go the natural stone route and select a tan/yellow/orange sandstone. I buy 716 pounds of it and head on home, it's a good thing we have a truck. Here is what we did:


I sprayed the remaining grass with weed killer and next weekend I will fill in the area with top soil, plants and mulch. I think it looks pretty good and can't wait until it is finished. Next I will line the flower beds around the garage with the same rock so they match. More pictures to come!!

5 Comments:

At Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:22:00 AM , Blogger mark said...

Who are you and what have you done with JK?

 
At Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're hired. When can you take care of the tree roots in the back yard? We were just talking about killing the grass and putting in stone. So the father in law will call you for advice.

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006 8:45:00 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Nice work!! We are thinking about doing someting like that in oour front yard, too...

 
At Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:17:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohhh....

ahhhhhh....

Lookin' good!

 
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:16:00 AM , Blogger B.J. said...

I did all the work. She just sat in a chair drinking lemonade directing me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |