Monday, June 19, 2006

Virus

On Friday I went to the doctor because I had a sore throat, same sore throat I had a couple weeks ago when Urgent Care said I had strep. So the doctor checks out my throat and says I have "ulcers on my uvula". Since they came back after I was done with my antibiotics he thinks that a virus is causing them, and antibiotics are useless on a virus. He gives me 4 capsules of Valtrex, an anti-viral medication. I think to myself that Valtrex sounds familiar, but I am not sure where I have heard it. Then B.J. reminds me that Valtrex is the genital herpes drug that there are commercials for. Great. I don't care what they are for, but they worked for me, two days later my throat felt great and I no longer had an earache and headache. Hopefully my illnesses are over, I hadn't been sick for a year until all this stomach virus/throat virus crap.

The weekend went very well, finally edged the sidewalk to our garage in the backyard. Looks so much better, it probably added 4 inches to the width of sidewalk, the grass was out of control. Thanks to my parents for lending us the electric edger.

Sunday we went to my parents for Father's Day, the food was awesome. I love my mom's potato salad and homemade strawberry pie. Mmmmmmm, pie. I took a lot of pictures of their flower gardens so hopefully I can post them sometime this week.

Hope everybody has a great week!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:50:00 AM , Blogger mark said...

Come on, JK. We all know the real reason you took the Valtrex.

 
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:41:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said before - you hubby is a HOBO! ;)

Glad you are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

The Humane Society of the United States - Proud 2 Adopt
HSUS MySpace Page | Get This Badge

Stop Puppy Mills
HSUS MySpace Page |